Skip to main content

Dear faithful web page and e-mail zine readers:

It is time to get you all updated on what is new in the life of me, your good friend “Dangerous” Doug Harper. It has been awhile since I really gave you all a really good and detailed update. Now it is time to do that, by getting right down to business.

My main project right now is Bru Java at the Maranatha Christian Fellowship. It is going very well and growing every week. Come out and visit Bru Java on Thursday nights from 7 until 11 PM, we always have lots of fun. Bru Java features music, food, and great people. You already know about the Local Ear, but stop by at our new web page at www.localear.tk. Between taking care of marketing for several businesses, these and other websites that I update, playing music, Church activities, and other work obligations, I stay very active and rarely sleep (seriously), but it is all worth it. I love getting to have that moment of satisfaction each time I get to produce great products, great music, and make great friendships through Jesus Christ, and it is an honor to be involved in Gods work at Bru Java, and the MCF church.

I told you that I would be posting some reviews, so here goes! The Drew family birthday party at the 3M clubhouse went well, I sit in with the Dog House Band on the Drums (yep Drums!), and I had a great time playing some rock n’ blues. I ate some really good cake too during one of our breaks, and wanted to have some more, but I thought I should watch my figure (Ha Ha). The last few shows at the Bru Java have been excellent! Christopher Ames was absolutely awesome, he will be back on July 22, so do not miss out on that show, and don’t miss out on Starrfadu either. They played a great set, and were just really great guys (and there wives came to the show, and were great ladies too) God really has blessed them all, and they were a great blessing to Bru Java. Starrfadu will be back at the church on June 17, from 8 until 9 PM, this will be a good show to see also, even though it will only be Austin and Dave. I would recommend that you stop by the Bru Java web page for more details at www.brujava.tk.

This is all that I have to say right now but I’ll keep you posted!

Your friend
“Dangerous” Doug

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regular Nightlife Attendance Grows at Nevada’s American Legion

NEVADA, Mo. — The American Legion has found its rhythm, and for many in the community, that rhythm comes from behind the DJ booth. DJ Finnis, a longtime local favorite, has become the steady musical presence at the post, serving as its resident DJ several nights a week. Finnis performs every Wednesday from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m., offering a midweek break for regulars looking to unwind. His weekend sets, held every Friday and Saturday from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m., draw some of the largest crowds of the week. Legion officials say his schedule continues unless special entertainment is booked for a particular night. Patrons describe Finnis as a reliable anchor for the Legion’s nightlife, known for reading the room, taking requests and keeping the dance floor active. His mix of classic hits, modern favorites and community‑driven energy has helped solidify his place as one of the venue’s most recognizable figures. The American Legion frequently rotates in live bands and themed events, but on most nights,...

Red Cherry Alley Brings Nathan Rorabaugh Home: An Intimate Night at Iguana Azul

🎶 Red Cherry Alley: Nathan Rorabaugh at Iguana Azul Red Cherry Alley’s most recent event at Iguana Azul Mexican Restaurant brought Nevada native Nathan Rorabaugh of Alamo Black back home for an intimate performance of his band’s most powerful songs. Fans gathered in the banquet room just three doors down from the original Red Cherry Alley site, a symbolic reminder of how the Alley’s spirit continues to thrive in new spaces. 🌟 Why Nathan Rorabaugh? Nathan, a Nevada High School graduate , has pursued music as his life’s path with relentless dedication. His journey has taken him from Nashville to Denver and back to Nashville , where he continues to push forward as a professional musician. His band Alamo Black is making waves in the indie doom metal genre, with their album Death Is Only A Release showcasing Nathan’s songwriting alongside Daniel Smith. Known for heavy, psychedelic soundscapes, Alamo Black tours across multiple states, bringing their unique brand of music to audiences ...

Dangerous Doug Harper Set to Release New Album “30:30” and Perform at Red Cherry Alley’s Secret Songs Series This Thursday

Dangerous Doug Harper Set to Release New Album “30:30” and Perform at Red Cherry Alley’s Secret Songs Series This Thursday Nevada, Missouri is gearing up for a unique night of music, mystery, and local creativity as the Red Cherry Alley Secret Songs Series returns this Thursday, January 29. The evening will feature three performers, a free all‑ages show, and a mystery venue that has already sparked plenty of curiosity across the community. One of the biggest announcements tied to the event comes from local musician, TV host, and creative connector Dangerous Doug Harper. Harper confirmed that he will be one of the three featured performers at the Secret Songs Series — and the timing couldn’t be better. His brand‑new album, titled “30:30,” will be released worldwide on all streaming platforms the very same day. Harper shared that he had initially been concerned about the recent winter weather, but the forecast has shifted in everyone’s favor. Warmer temperatures are expected by Thursday,...